Curios and memories in Mom’s Home

As I take photographs I am peaking in a cabinet that my grandfather once owned and when he died his antiques were shared between his three children. Now my Mother, Sheila the youngest child in her family of orientation has died and it will be time for my sister and me to start the process of sharing and dividing up the art objects. As I look and see the figures from behind glass they seem to become animated and alive in someway, it is like discovering them in a whole new way. There are also other objects given to my parents by my sister and me.  I have only looked at the pieces through a cabinet and plan on looking at them in more detail. Time both stands still and moves on.

The topics to be photographed and drawn are divided into the cabinet, the empty chair, an alter honouring Mother, clothes,  and family photographs.

The Cabinet and Curios











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Statement about the two series: Memory, Time and Place

Alter Honouring Mother