Driving Home Passing Hospice Building And Old Nurses Residence to see shadows.
Sun was shining at 5 pm and noticed striking shadows on hospice building on Richmond Avenue. The room where Mom spent her last two and a half months was drawn to my attention. After circling the block many times found a parking spot and captured the shadows that were inviting me in. Very light out today and into early evening was embed with a sense of beauty. I could see the window that we opened when she passed through at death, the tree she looked at out her window on the third floor and now the shadow on the building. As I did a photo shoot I realized seeing the shadows, illuminated in my mind and heart the word transformation and felt a relaxation come over me.
Today after History Of Art Class thought I was going to the Children’s Duck Pond on Dallas Road. My father would take us there when we were small. I walked there from the Beacon Drive-In and the weather was howling on the waterfront, too windy to go there! Decided to go to Redfern Street where I gathered imagery for 5 hours. When using granite on paper and doing rubbings on a circular metal cylinder felt like a performance of sorts, trying to keep the 18x24 pad of paper still as I did the rubbings, higher in the air on this cylinder. I really was wrestling with the process and the paper fell to the ground numerous times and became wet with the melting snow. Time to gather myself and the art material. As a finale and heading home was impressed with shadows of trees on the Hospice Building at the Royal Jubilee. This moment was pivotal in my healing process of letting go of how I thought things should be, and are perfectly imperfect the way they are.


























Comments
Post a Comment