Videos
Had a look at videos done thus far and unable to down load.
I was researching the art of Bill Viola and William Kendridge and was struck by the notion of looking at images with sound or without sound and how movement and travelling in studio or to site are involved in their process, I agree that sound and movement are important whether it is the sound of foot steps, sound of babbling streams, sound of the waves crashing against cement embankments, logs or rocks or the sound of the wind adds another dimension to the images. Then I think of the music played as Mom was dying, the Bruch Violin concerto or Johnny Mathis or songs sang at Mom’s service music “The Way You look Tonight “, Rushing River or Amazing Grace. I often listen to music while painting pop or classical or travelling listened to “ Deep Breakfast”.
It seems crashing waves, babbling brooks, and water sounds on rock are important.
Thinking about my process and other artists processes, there is a sense of the process starting and beginning with a hunch, then a search or wandering and a searching for something, the interconnectedness with inner and outer worlds. The journey and outcome are often unknown and transformation can take place.
Comments
Post a Comment